sandy mack

My journey with cancer.

Thursday, August 21

Okay, I told you I was not very good at this yet! I'm sorry it has taken so long to get a new post up. It's been a very busy week around here. We took Julieanne to Abilene on Saturday and were there until Tuesday helping her move in and go to Passport (Freshmen Orientation). It was very hard to leave her there but I know God will take care of her and surround her with amazing friends.

We got back from Abilene on Tuesday afternoon just in time for my treatment. Will and Steve went with me this time. The treatment went well but on the way home I started feeling pretty nauseous and that continued into Wednesday morning. I'm feeling a little better today but the nausea comes and goes.

One of the side effects of chemo is the awful taste in your mouth. Everything you eat tastes like metal, that is except for iced tea. Tea tastes so good! It's the only thing that tastes normal.

I have lost nearly all of my hair now. There is still a little bit left but I have shaved it to about a quarter inch because it is so thin. The thing about losing my hair is hard not because I loved my hair but that without hair I look sick and I feel like people look at me and feel sorry for me. I don't want people to feel sorry for me. I have a God who loves me and is carrying me through this battle and fighting for me and teaching me so much!!! God is so good!!!

Thank you all for your sweet comments and especially for your prayers!! God is sustaining me because of your faithful prayers! Until next time...

"Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." Psalm 100

9 comments:

Brenda Bailey said...

Sandy,
It looks like you got up pretty early today. I am missing you so much and wish I could be there since I can't go anywhere right now. My accident left me with major whip lash and I am coping with the pain in my neck, back, and hip. Nothing like what you are going through but I've been home now for two weeks and I wish I could be there with you.
I found some prayers on a bookmark and thought you might pray these as I am praying them for you.

Healing. Father, heal me by the power of Your Word. Thank you for sending Jesus to bear our sins in His body so that by His wounds I might be healed. (Psalms 107:20; 1 Peter 2:24)

Freedom from fear. Christ Jesus, please guard my heart and mind. You have not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and of a sound mind. Give me peace that passes understanding. Help me to think thoughts that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, ecellent, and praiseworthy. (2 Tim. 1:7; Phil 4:7-8)

Hope. God of hope, please fill me with all joy and peace as I trust in You so that I may overflow with hope by the power of Your Spirit. (Romans 15:13)

Perseverance. Cause me to rejoice because I know that You are using this trial to produce perseverance, character, and hope. Deepen my conviction that when I stand this test, You will give me a crown of life. May I imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what you have promised. (Romans 5:3-5;James 1:4,12; Hebrews 6:12)

If others can join in just replace the "I" or "me" with "Sandy" and we will give the power of prayer a boost together.

Love you Sandy
Hugs and kisses and more hugs
call me!
817-545-1858

Anonymous said...

Sandy, we are NOT looking at you with sorrow. We are looking at you in amazement that you would share your personal journey and give glory to God for what He is doing in the midst of it. It is not sorrow, it is sisterhood, friendship, love. Don't mistake that. While we are sad that you are going through this we are amazed at what you are showing us during this time. Feel the prayers, feel the love - don't look at anything else. Susie

Anonymous said...

Sandy,

You inspire us with your faith that you share here. We would spare you this trial if we could and that is the sorrow we feel. But this is how we as the Body of Christ uphold each other - you by our prayers and we by your witness for God. Just keep those beautiful eyes on Jesus. Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

Sandy,
Thank you for sharing your journey with us. I think about you so often but don't want to burden you with endless questions. Instead, as is often the case in God's kingdom, YOU, with your willingness to share, is the one who is showing US God's grace.

Just want to let you know you look great in your wig and in your straw hat! What a woman decides to wear each day is her choice, amen?! love Athena

Patty Harshaw's Blog said...

AMEN TO PSALMS 100
I LOVE YOU TOO, SANDY AND AM ALSO PRAYING FOR STEVE'S SURG. TOO
LOVE, AUNT PATTY

Robin said...

Sandy,

I am thinking of you and will continue to pray for you and your family. What a blessing that you have such supportive physical AND spiritual relatives!

Above all, may you be comforted by the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort and be able to bless others with the comfort that you receive from Him (from 2 Cor.1: 4).

In Him,
Robin Kernodle

p.s. I get my new boob Sept. 9! :)

Mimi said...

Hi, sweet friend. I've been praying for you and am amazed by your courageous, spunky spirit. Wayne is here right now, planning to leave for Beijing in a few days, depending on his VISA, etc. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Sandy, Your aunt and uncle, Don and Sue are thinking of you here in Lubbock. Hope your day went good yesterday and pray you are one week closer to finishing this ole stuff. Know we think of you and yours daily. GOD BLESS

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Sandy. It was great seeing you this past Sunday - your smile is contagious and beautiful! Sid & I keep you in our prayers, and also Steve, who in his organized way, I'm sure, is keeping you where you need to be when! Love, Marsha